C4 Chain Block
The C4 chain block meets and exceeds the requirements of international standards BS EN13157:2004 + AI:2009, ASME B30.16-2012, AS1418.2-1997, SANS 1594:2007. Chain blocks can be used within an operating temperature range of -40°C to +55°C.
The design and specification of the chain block includes:
- C4 RANGE: 500kg to 20 tonnes. (30t and 50t Chain Block WH-C5 model)
- LIGHT LOAD CAPABILITY: chain block is tested and certified at 2% of the chain block rated capacity.
- SAFETY LATCHES: chain block top and bottom hooks are fitted with heavy duty cast steel latches. The latch tip and hook are integrated creating a strong and robust hook closure.
- OVERLOAD INDICATOR MARKS: chain block top and bottom hooks have, as part of the hook forging, an overload indicator mark either side of the hook throat. By measuring the distance between the indicator marks, the hook can be quickly and easily checked to see if any stretch has occurred due to misuse or overloading.
- HAND CHAIN JOINER: unique hand chain joiner is used as a quick and secure method of joining the hand chain without the need to cut, bend, open and close a link of existing hand chain.
- HOOK HOUSING: chain block top and bottom hook housing are secured with socket head cap screws/hex head bolts and nyloc insert locking nuts (500Kg – 5t).
- FLEETING/CROSS HAULING: chain blocks are tested and certified for fleeting or cross hauling applications up to 45° from the vertical without deration.
- LOAD CHAIN: chain blocks are fitted with load chain that fully complies with international standards BS EN818-7 Grade T (8) and JIS B8812 Grade V (10).
- OVERLOAD LIMITER: available as an option upon request.